Saturday 12 October 2013

Festivals, cakes and a roast




                                        [I wish my photos were more exciting for this post]

Today my family came down for the day which was so lovely...bringing with them chocolate, tv and of course cake! Homemade lemon drizzle mmm!

We ventured into Falmouth which was heaving because it was the Oyster Festival, which meant you could smell food everywhere. I had a seafood paella -very cornish ha!

After walking around and up to Pendennis Castle (which shut as soon as we got there) we went back via Gylly beach which looked so beautiful in the golden light - I took some film but I don't think it will come out very well.

I got back to the flat surrounded by the smell of an amazing roast -made by Grace, thank you! It was so good, we had everything it felt like christmas, roast potatoes, mash, yorkshire puddings, stuffing, the whole shebang. Note to all...check your camera before you take photos! I took some photos of the roast  later realising that I had no memory card in the camera. Oops! To top it off we had rhubarb and custard and then watched Silver Linings Playbook with chocolate...we ate so much!!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment