Thursday 8 January 2015

Growing up too young



These are some medium format photos I took over the christmas holiday for my current project 
looking at beauty and our perception of beauty. After some research I found some shocking
statistics surrounding the subject...the average women will spend £10,000 on makeup and the average 
age to start wearing makeup is now on 11!
I wanted to take some natural photos showing a juxtaposition of young girls wearing makeup
with them playing with toys, which is more suitable for their age.
I found it interesting that the girls enjoyed having their makeup done and wanted to keep
it on. Their youthful spirit wasn't lost however as I think sometimes young girls can
loose their childish nature by acting older to fit in or seem older...which is ironic when so many
adults want to be young and youthful again. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment